Hi, my name’s Jenn and I’m addicted to Pinterest. Pinterest is now officially in my rotation of sites I stop by at least once (who am I kidding – it’s probably more like 10 times) a day!
I love seeing what people pin and I love pinning things myself. It’s way better than just bookmarking things in your browser. I don’t know about you but whenever I got through my bookmarks I never know what they are (granted, I’m too lazy to rename them at the time of bookmarking) without clicking on each and every bookmark. Pictures are so much better!
I figured I’d share a few of my favorite finds with you today and feel free to follow my boards if you’re a Pinterest addict too!
(This was from Etsy but is no longer on there)
See why I’m addicted? Delicious recipes, lots of DIY ideas, cute prints, crafty-ness and lots more! Seriously go check it out! And if you need an invite let me know.
What do you use Pinterest for and are you an addict like me?
Today’s font was chosen in honor of my big Sis, Sarah’s 30th birthday tomorrow. I can’t believe she’s 30! She’s a great sister and and even more awesome friend and I’m so thankful that she lives in Austin too. I don’t know what I would have done if she hadn’t moved down here 5 years ago. (I may not have stuck around long enough to meet my wonderful husband! So thanks Sar!)
It’s called JI Balloon Caps and can be downloaded for free here.
Have a wonderful weekend and I hope no bad luck comes to you this Friday the 13th!
I know I write these posts every week and I know I’ll appreciate having these weekly pictures, especially once Sam’s gets older, but sometimes it’s hard to find anything to talk about.
Sam did sprout a second tooth this week which makes sense since I read that they generally come in pairs. And he’s getting even more enthusiastic about eating. He opens his mouth and leans forward for the spoon now. He looks like an adorable little birdie! And he’s almost able to hold his bottle on his own.
Other than that, nothing really new happened this past week. We’re gearing up for his first plane ride next week. I hope it goes smoothly. I know his Gramma and Grandpa can’t wait to see him! I hope it snows too so Sam will be able to experience some snow!
Hey y’all! I know I’ve been slacking a bit with posting the last couple of weeks. After the holidays we go straight into birthdays for a couple weeks but I’m hoping 2012 will slow down soon. Today I thought I’d share the dinosaur crinkle toy I made for Sam a few weeks ago.
1. Start by drawing a dinosaur pattern on a piece of paper and cut it out. (I decided to make a stegosaurus but you can make any kind of dinosaur you’d like!)
2. Next fold a piece of fleece in half and trace your pattern onto the fleece fabric.
3. Cut out your shape. You now have the front and back of your dinosaur toy.
4. Using the same dinosaur pattern, cut the same shape out of plastic. (I used an empty baby wipes pouch but any kind of crinkly plastic should work.)
5. Now line your paper pattern up on a contrasting colored piece of fleece (again folded in half) and draw the dinosaur’s spikes. Make sure you add a little extra room at the bottom so when you go to sew the stitching catches your spikes.
6. Cut out your spikes. Again, this will result in two pieces.
7. Sandwich your spikes and crinkly plastic between the front and back piece of your dinosaur and straight stitch around the entire thing. (I opted for a straight stitch because it’s easy and fleece doesn’t fray. If you use a different fabric you may have to zigzag stitch along the edge to prevent fraying.)
And VOILA! One crinkly dinosaur! Super easy (and definitely not perfect) but Sam loves it! He loves it so much he tries to cram it in to his mouth every opportunity he gets!
Our little Sam is just about five months old now!
I decided for the next chunk of weeks I’m going to photograph Sam in color on a white background instead of what I’ve been doing (Sam in white on a colored background)!
He’s such a little cutie. He’s been talking up a storm lately. Screeching and “ooo”-ing and blowing raspberries. His baby sounds are just too adorable for words.
He’s really becoming a good sleeper too. No, he’s not sleeping through the night, but that’s okay. He goes to bed by 8pm, wakes up to eat right before we go to bed at 10:30 and then wakes up sometime between 2:30 and 4:30 to eat again. Then he’s up for the day by 7:30 or 8. Such a great improvement from waking every 1-2 hours every night!
In really big news: Sam has his first official tooth! It’s just a tiny little nub right now but it sure it sharp! So far it doesn’t seem to be effecting him too much other than drooling. No fussiness – at least not yet.
We’re headed to Idaho in a few weeks to visit my mom so we’re preparing for Sam’s first plane ride. I’ve ordered a nice umbrella stroller for the trip that’s supposed to arrive on Friday. If any of you mamas out there have advice on flying with a baby, please share. I’d love to hear about your experiences!